Monday, November 22, 2010

Esperanza and camera

We are already a few days in Esperanza. The trip was a little bumpy, but as soon as we were under the coast, it became much quieter. We feel like home here. It is our third visit and it is still my favorite spot. I have also already visited my snorkel spot.

As a birthday present I got a video camera for under water and yesterday was the big try out. After one more reading of the instruction booklet, I was ready to go, I thought. Putting on my bathing suit, snorkel and mask, took the camera and I went. "Push the button and go slowly back and forth," the booklet had said and that was exactly what I did. 

I gave the camera to Jacques while I full of excitement climbed on board. And, and......well I see nothing, was Jacques's response. I was somewhat disappointed and after drying myself, went back to the booklet. I had done everything right, so I figured perhaps the camera shut down, if you wait too long and it did (was very proud of my technical understanding!) This time I was completely ready to go before I switched the camera on. 

When I came out of the water and looked, I saw ten times my face with goggles!!!!!!!! Did I really called this blog "old and WISE"! To make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of a minute film with sea grass, sea grass, my foot, more sea grass, the swim ladder and more....................... I don't think the discovery channel will be knocking on my door anytime soon.

But I liked the swimming. Till next time, Ria

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you discovered a new species of sea grass.
    i am glad to hear you are back in the water and snorkeling.
    The next step is that half a mile swim before the sun comes up!
    Take care and have fun
    Tom

    ReplyDelete