Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dinghy and little piece of Paradise

If you read the title you would think they belong together, but nothing is further from the truth. The Dinghy Union must have heard me complain one time too much and have pretty sure told our small boat named Alexander (after our master dinghy captain Alex van Heijningen) not to take it any longer and do something about it!!! So after we had a very nice thanksgiving dinner, in our best clothes and even the home made silver jewelry, we returned to Lady Hawk and just like that Alexander dumped me without any warning in the water!!

Luckily only lost my sunglasses. I had them so very cool on top of my head (hip, cool and boating is not the best combination!) I am now the proud owner of a painful but wonderful colored upper arm. But the war is on and I am going to fight with that dinghy every day for at least half an hour till he knows I AM THE BOSS!!!!!!!!! I think the deeper problem is jealousy, because I had three glasses of wine with the dinner and he had to wait, chained to the dock.
 
Today we went a few blocks further on our road and landed per accident in a little piece of paradise, we saw the Baja from afar and it looked really good, so we turned left and arrived in a very clear, wonderful little bay, surrounded by sand and beautiful rock formations, and nobody there! We felt great. And to make everything perfect, when we went for a swim we discovered a small reef full of the most fantastic fishes, I think they were all there, even Lion fishes. We know they are dangerous, but they looked beautiful. We had a great, great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Love to all, Ria

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jacques & Ria; I finally read your blog but was lucky to talk to you both on Skype so most adventures were already known.
    I promiss to read the blog more frequently and hope to talk to you both very soon.
    Love & kisses from Henk & Hannie

    ReplyDelete